The purposes of the International Moy Yat Ving Tsun Federation are:
- To create mechanisms to safeguard Grandmaster Moy Yat’s legacy
- To ensure respect for the particular interpretation of the Ving Tsun System of each kung fu family, and all Members of the Moy Yat Lineage
- To raise awareness at the local, national and international levels of the importance of the Ving Tsun System through Grandmaster Moy Yat’s legacy
- To safeguard the heritage of the Ving Tsun system through Grandmaster Moy Yat’s legacy
- The “Ving Tsun System” means the kung fu system whose founding is attributed to Ms. Yim Ving Tsun and is composed of following domains: Siu Nim Tao, Chum Kiu, Biu Je, Mui Fa Jong, Luk Dim Boon Kwun and Bot Jom Doa.
- “Safeguarding” means having measures aimed at ensuring the viability, reputation and quality of the Ving Tsun System through Grandmaster Moy Yat’s legacy, including the identification, documentation, research, preservation, protection, development, maintain, promotion, enhancement, transmission, particularly through formal and non-formal education, as well as the revitalization of various aspects of such heritage.
- “Moy Yat Ving Tsun” is a designation that represents the commitment to progressively provide Kung Fu Life (Sam Faat). It is the term affirmed and used by Grandmaster Moy Yat to describe the way he enabled his descendants to access the Ving Tsun System.
- “Members” means Grandmaster Moy Yat’s descendants who are bound by this Convention and among whom this Convention is in force.
- “Cultural Heritage” is the legacy of physical artifacts and intangible attributes of a group or society that are inherited from past generations, maintained in the present and bestowed for the benefit of future generations. Cultural Heritage include tangible and intangible culture.
- “Tangible Culture” refers to physical artifacts, such as books, works of art, and artifacts.
- “Intangible Culture” refers to intangible attributes such as folklore, traditions, language and knowledge.
- “Conservation” means the deliberate act of keeping cultural heritage from the present for the future. See Safeguarding.
- “Management” means the act or skill of controlling and making decisions or judicious use of means to accomplish the goals of the IMYVTF.
- “Promote Moy Yat Ving Tsun” / “Promotion of Moy Yat Ving Tsun” means ensure recognition of, respect for, and enhancement of the Ving Tsun System through Grandmaster Moy Yat’s legacy in society